About the Cause
Breast Cancer is the most common cancer amoung women worldwide and the second-most common cancer overall. In 2015, an estimated 231,840 cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in the U.S. alone. So no matter who you are or where you live, understanding breast cancer is important. But the most important thing to know is this: a diagnosis is not a death sentence. Breast cancer can be treated.
Designate YOUR money YOUR way. Participants get to select which organization(s) they want to support with their fundraising dollars from the net proceeds of the Ride. At time of registration, you'll be able to select one, all, or anything in between from our list of approved beneficiaries below.
2016 Approved Beneficiaries:
1. Meal delivery program that delivers free, nutritious meals to the women and men affected with breast cancer, including their caregivers and dependent children. Meals provided by Open Arms of Minnesota.
2. Financial support. Supporting the Angel Foundation will benefit adults affected by breast cancer in the seven-county metro area. Funds raised will help pay for their urgent non-medical necessities such as food for their families, utilities to warm their homes, rent or mortgage payments, or gas to get to their doctor appointments. Funds provided and dispersed by the Angel Foundation.
3. Masonic Cancer Center at the University of Minnesota. Learn more about the Masonic Cancer Center.
4. Support with a new diagnosis. The Firefly Sisterhood offers one to one connections and offer support between breast cancer survivors and the newly diagnosed. Learn more about The Firefly Sisterhood.
5. Education. The Breast Cancer Education Association puts on a very important yearly conference with a mission to serve women and men in the community by providing easy access to support and information about breast cancer and to enhance the quality of life for survivors, family and friends. Learn more about the Breast Cancer Education Association.
6. Breast Cancer Service Organizations & Research. Through the work of our Ride we are able to help reach out to many Minnesota-based breast cancer service organizations while also supporting breast cancer research. Learn more about the Susan G. Komen Minnesota Affiliate.
Information found within the BreastCancerRide.org website or in other sites linked to from BreastCancerRide.org is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a substitute for diagnosis and treatment by a medical doctor. The Breast Cancer Ride does not endorse and has no responsibility for the content of any other sites listed on BreastCancerRide.org and provides links and references merely as a convenience to its users. Seek immediate medical attention if your condition is urgent.