1. What and when is the Breast Cancer Ride?
2. How much do I have to raise and what is the registration fee?
3. Before You Register: The Important Things to Know
4. Who does the Ride benefit?
5. What is the route/how far do we Ride?
6. Is the Ride fully supported?
7. Do you need corporate sponsorship or in-kind donations?
8. Do you have anything I can give my friends about the Ride?
9. Who is Charity Events of Minnesota?
10. How do I register?
11. What if I can't Ride that far?
12. Is there an insurance requirement to register for the Ride?
13. What if it rains while on the Ride?
14. What do I need to bring with me?
15. Are there showers?
16. Will food and first aid service be provided?
17. What costs will there be for me during the actual Ride?
18. I'm flying in from out of town. What hotel should I book for before/after the Ride?
About the Event
1. What and when is the Breast Cancer Ride? The 9th Annual Breast Cancer Ride is a one-day, fundraising bike Ride that takes place on Saturday, August 13, 2016. Download our brochure, poster, flyer or donation form. The Ride takes place in conjunction with our brother event, the AttaBoy Ride. Return to top.
2. How much do I have to raise and what is the registration fee? The registration fee for Adults (18+) starts at $45 and Minor Riders (18 & Under) is always $35. The minimum fundraising requirement for Adult Riders (18+) is $350. There is no fundraising requirement for Minor Riders (under 18) but fundraising of any amount is always appreciated. Return to top.
- The Breast Cancer Ride is open to all ages, however, Riders who are under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult who is also a registered Rider for the duration of the Ride.
- Adult Riders must pay a registration fee and agree to raise a minimum of just $350 in donations to participate. Minor Riders must pay a registration fee, however, they are not required to raise funds (however, it is appreciated).
- The registration fee and all donations are non-refundable and non-transferable. This means that once a donation is posted to a participant's account it cannot be moved to another participant's account for any reason, regardless of whether or not you're able to participate in the Ride. Additionally donations cannot be refunded.
- The Breast Cancer Ride reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse registration and/or participation to anyone at any time before or during the event. Return to top.
4. Who does the Ride benefit? The Ride helps support the good work of breast cancer service organizations in our community. We have a list of approved organizations that we will support. Participants have the option of selecting which organization(s) they want to support off of this list. To view the list, click here. Return to top.
6. Is the Ride fully supported? Yes, with the best of the best volunteers around! We provide snacks, water, sports drink, bike tech support from Erik's Bike Shop, and pit stops and route support. Return to top.
7. Do you need corporate sponsorship or in-kind donations? We sure do! If you have someone willing to make a cash or in-kind donation, please contact us at 651-571-2873. Return to top.
8. Do you have anything I can give my friends about the Ride? Yes. Email us your mailing address and we'd be happy to send you some materials. Also, feel free to also pass along the a brochure, registration form and offline donation form. Return to top.
9. Who is Charity Events of Minnesota? CEoM is the nonprofit organization that produces the Breast Cancer Ride. We are a registered 501(c)3 and our tax exempt/EIN number is 20-8160744. Return to top.
10. How do I register? Click "Register" button/link above, select your participation type and answer all of the questions as you will be guided through the registration process. Once your transaction is complete, you will receive a confirmation email receipt. If you don't wish to register online, call 651-571-2873 and we will be happy to take your registration over the phone. Return to top.
11. What if I can't Ride that far? If you are unable to continue riding while out on the route, one of our support vehicles will transport you to the next pit stop or to the start/stop location. Return to top.
12. Is there an insurance requirement to register for the Ride? It is not mandatory, but having health insurance is highly suggested. Though the Ride provides basic first aid services without charge, personal health insurance is needed to cover the cost of any medical care received away from the event. For example: if emergency room or ambulance transport is necessary, insurance coverage may apply (the participant is responsible for all charges/expenses). Check with your insurance company for the terms of your individual policy. Return to top.
13. What if it rains while on the Ride? You will get wet. The Ride happens rain or shine. Don't worry, it'll be all shine. We promise. (Okay, so we can't promise that, but we do monitor the weather during the event and make arrangements should foul weather become a factor). Return to top.
14. What do I need to bring with me? In general, your bike, helmet, water bottle, license, credit/debit card and any remaining donations to be turned in. An extensive list can be found in the Participant Guide (link provided in your Participant Center; accessible by registered participants only). Return to top.
15. Are there showers? No, showers are not provided, however you could probably sweet talk someone at the Eagan Community Center to let you use the workout center showers. Return to top.
16. Will food and first aid service be provided? We will provide snacks and drinks at each Pit Stop, as well as a picnic lunch. First aid will be provided by volunteer nurses. Return to top.
17. What costs will there be for me during the actual Ride? Money for incidentals, Ride merchandise, bike parts (if needed) and any food or drink you want to purchase beyond the provided Pit Stop snacks, drinks and lunch. Return to top.
18. I'm flying in from out of town. What hotel should I book for before/after the Ride? The start/stop location of the Ride is the Eagan Community Center (ECC), 1501 Central Pkwy, Eagan, MN 55121. We suggest any of the following (in order of closest to ECC): Extended Stay Eagan, Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge Hotel, Residence Inn Eagan, Hampton Inn Eagan, Holiday Inn Eagan. Return to top.