1. How do I make a donation?
2. Who should I make the check out to? Can I write a check directly to the beneficiary?
3. Is it safe to donate online?
4. Where should I mail my offline donation form(s) to?
5. Are donations tax-deductible?
6. What is the tax ID number (EIN number)?
7. Can I get a copy of the 501(c)3 letter?
8. If a participant drops out of the Ride, what happens to the donations that they have raised?
9. Can I mail cash with a donation form?
10. I am supporting several friends. Do I need to complete a donation form for each person?
11. Do donors receive a receipt?
12. Can you bill me for a donation?
13. Do you accept matching gifts?
14. Do matching gifts counts towards my fundraising minimum?
15. What if I don't raise my required fundraising minimum?
16. When do you stop collecting donations for the Ride?
- Use this website to search for a participant’s personal fundraising webpage to make a donation. You don't have to enter the entire name; to see more results, try entering just the first few letters of the participant’s name. Once you get to the participant's fundraising webpage, click the pink "Donate to [Participant Name]" button.
- Call 651-571-2873 to donate over the phone.
- Download an offline donation form and snail mail it in.
- Double, or even triple, your donation and help your participant reach her/his goal even faster by seeing if your employer has a matching gift program. You fill out your portion, mail it to us and we'll fill out our part and return it to your employer. Return to top.
2. Who should I make the check out to? Breast Cancer Ride. Donations that are written out to a beneficiary are not able to be credited to the participants account. All checks must be written to the Breast Cancer Ride in order to count towards their required fundraising minimum. Return to top.
3. Is it safe to donate online? Yes. And it's quick and easy and will allow you to show your support to you friends or family who are participating even sooner! Return to top.
4. Where should I mail my offline donation form(s) to?
Breast Cancer Ride
P.O. Box 464
Rosemount, MN 55068 Return to top.
5. Are donations tax-deductible? All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Donations that are under $250, you can use a canceled check or credit card statement as proof of donation. For donations over $250, we will provide you with a personal letter of receipt. If you do not receive a letter of receipt please request one from us. Please include as much information that you know: donors name, donation amount, who you donated on behalf of, etc. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org Return to top.
6. What is the tax ID number (or EIN number)? The Breast Cancer Ride is created and produced by the nonprofit "Charity Events of Minnesota". The #20-8160744. Note that participants cannot use the EIN number to secure donated space or in-kind donations. Return to top.
7. Can I get a 501(c)3 letter? The 501(c)(3) letter is proof that Charity Events of Minnesota (CEoM) is recognized as a non-profit organization by the federal government. Since the Breast Cancer Ride is created and produced by CEoM, this letter is also used as proof of the Breast Cancer Ride’s non-profit status. Please contact us if you would like a copy of this letter. Return to top.
8. If a participant drop out of the Ride, what happens to the donations that they have raised? All donations submitted to the Breast Cancer Ride are non-transferable and non-refundable. If a participant drops out of the event, their donations cannot be refunded nor can they be transferred to another participant. Return to top.
9. Can I mail cash with a donation form? No, we do not accept cash. If you are a participant and received cash from a donor, please deposit the cash into your personal checking account and mail us a donation form with the actual donors information along with your check. Return to top.
10. I am supporting several friends. Do I need to complete an offline donation form for each person? Yes. Please follow the 1-to-1 rule; one donation form for one donation (check or credit card). Return to top.
11. Do donors receive a receipt? Anyone who donates online, regardless of the amount, will receive a receipt as long as they have given us a working email address. Anyone who donates by mail will receive a receipt for donations over $250. By law, any donation under $250 can be verified by canceled check or a credit card statement. Return to top.
12. Can you bill me for a donation? No, we do not bill donors. You can, however, make a monthly donation online or using our offline donation form. Monthly donations are to be made via credit card with a minimum transaction amount of $10. Return to top.
13. Do you accept matching gifts? Yes! Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. To find out if your company offers matching gifts please contact your human resources department. The impact of your gift to our organization may be doubled or possibly tripled! If your donation is eligible to be matched, please request a matching gift form from your company and follow the instructions on the form. Send the completed and signed form to the Breast Cancer Ride office and we'll do the rest. Mail to: Breast Cancer Ride, Attn: Matching Gifts, PO Box 464, Rosemount, MN 55068. Return to top.
14. Do matching gifts count towards my fundraising minimum? Yes, however the donation (matching gift) doesn't count until the check arrives in our office or we receive a letter of confirmation from the actual company (which would need to be requested by the participant.) Not all matching gift forms are actually approved by the company because of their matching guidelines/rules (for instance some companies do not support special events, or they only support educational institutions, etc). If you are relying on a matching gift to reach your fundraising minimum please make sure to follow up on the matching gift form with your human resources department ASAP. Return to top.
15. What if I don't raise my required fundraising minimum? Your entire fundraising minimum is due by the day of the Ride. If you have not raised your entire amount by the day of the Ride, you can turn in additional donations or self-donate to meet your required fundraising minimum, switch from a Rider to a volunteer, or back out of the Ride (donations are non-refundable regardless of your participation). Return to top.
16. When do you stop collecting donations for the Ride? Did you receive additional donations after the event? Please mail any and all donations by August 15 to allow us to enter them before the end of our fiscal year (August 31). Donations received after that date will be entered in to the following year's fundraising account. Return to top.